As promised here is one more gluten-free candy recipe! For our neighbor holiday gifts this year I made plates with this fudge, hug m&m; pretzel bites, and my favorite soft, buttery caramels. A delicious trio if I do say so!
A few months back my friend Leanne brought this fudge to a get together with some friends. It was so delicious I’ve thought about it since! In the past I have made the fudge recipe from the back of marshmallow creme jars. This fudge is essentially that, but livened up a bit with a peanut butter layer.
- 3 cups sugar
- ¾ cup butter
- ⅔ cup evaporated milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 6 oz package semi sweet chocolate pieces
- 7 oz. jar Marshmallow Creme (I like Kraft)
- ½ cup peanut butter (now is a time to use something like Jif)
- Combine 1½ cups sugar, 6 tablespoons butter and ⅓ cup evaporated milk in a medium pot.
- Bring to full rolling boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to medium and continue boiling for 4 minutes, stirring constantly to prevent scorching.
- Remove from heat and stir in chocolate pieces until melted.
- Add 1 cup (1/2 jar) marshmallow creme and ½ teaspoon vanilla. Beat until well blended.
- Pour into greased 13 X 9 pan.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients substituting peanut butter and spread over chocolate.
- Then, cool at room temperature and cut into squares.