I love it when clementines are in season! The smell that instantly fills the room when you start peeling one always reminds me of the holidays. They really are the perfect little fruit. I have a smoothie almost everyday. I usually make green smoothies, but am always looking for ways to switch it up. This smoothie is a great way to enjoy winter citrus as a healthy treat!
- 4 clementines, peeled and halved (or 2 oranges)
- 1 frozen banana
- 7-8 ice cubes
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk of choice (I use almond milk)
- ½ scoop of vanilla protein powder (I use egg white based protein powder)
- 3-4 drops vanilla liquid stevia (optional depending on the sweetness of your protein powder)
- Place all the ingredients in blender. Blend until smooth.