Here is an ongoing list of my favorite gluten-free restaurants and products!
(None of these recommendations are sponsored. Just my own discoveries/opinions!)
Bob’s Red Mill Products- I love so many of their products! They certify gluten-free products are tested to less than 20ppm. I especially love their buckwheat groats, quinoa, oats, and coconut flour.
Food Should Taste Good Tortilla Chips & Brown Rice Crackers – These are both available at Costco and really do taste good!
Honeyville Blanched Almond Flour – I buy the 5lb bag directly from their website which is slightly cheaper than Amazon.
Jovial Foods Pasta – This is by far the best gluten-free pasta I have found. It tastes exactly the same are regular pasta and is made of only organic brown rice.
Kind Bars & Granola – I love the almond coconut bar and the peanut butter granola. So delicious!
King Arthur Flour Products & Recipes - They have amazing gluten-free recipes on their site. I also like their all-purpose flour. They never let me down!
Lara Bars – All of the flavors are gluten-free. My favorite is the coconut cream pie.
Sun Flour Mills Chocolate Cake Mix - The BEST gluten-free boxed chocolate cake mix I’ve tried.
Canyon Bake House Products - I’m not a huge fan of pre-packaged gluten-free baked goods. If you buy them this is my favorite brand! I like their hamburger buns and bread.
See more of my favorite things in my Amazon store…
In San Diego (I currently live in San Diego)
- 2Good2Be Bakery – An amazing gluten-free bakery in Encinitas! They have baked goods and a breakfast/lunch menu. I’ve loved every baked good I’ve tried from there.
- Burger Lounge – Delicious, grassfed burgers! They can make them on a gluten-free bun or wrapped in lettuce.
- Cucina Urbana – Amazing food and ambiance. Menu changes seasonally but they have many great choices. I am nuts about the Ragu/Polenta boards as well as the gluten-free pasta.
- The Mission – A fun place for breakfast! They have tons of great options and yummy gluten-free rosemary bread for sandwiches
- Phil’s BBQ – Best BBQ in San Diego. They have many gluten-free options including baby back ribs, baked beans, coleslaw, and french fries.
- Tender Greens – I love , love their salads. They have lots of gluten-free choices.
In Utah (I previously lived in Utah):
- Bombay House – My absolute favorite. All of their curries are gluten-free. They also have an amazing gluten-free chickpea flour naan.
- The Communal – Amazing food. Fresh, local and delicious. Ask your server about gluten-free options.
- Cubby’s – I love their salads, especially the Tri Tip Steak. All their dressings are gluten-free.
- Eleanor’s Bake Shop – They have amazing gluten-free honey oat bread. I also loved the cookies.
- La Jolla Grove – Lots of great gluten-free options. I love their salmon and the balsamic beef salad.
- Malawi’s Pizza - They have awesome GF pizzas. They are careful about cross-contamination. I like the Tuscan Pepperoni & BBQ Chicken.
- The Red Igauna – Hands down the best Mexican food in Salt Lake. They have a great GF menu.
- Sweet Cake Bake Shop – Awesome gluten-free bakery in Salt Lake! You can’t go wrong.
- Sweet Tooth Fairy – Great gluten-free cupcakes. They keep chocolate & vanilla gluten-free cupcakes in the back and you can pick the frosting you want on them.
- Tucano’s - Brazilian-style BBQ. Their meat is amazing and the buffet of sides is all clearly marked with gluten-free options.
I don’t eat a lot of fast food, but these chains have been good while I’ve been traveling or in a pinch.
- Chick-Fil-A – Works in a pinch. You can get the grilled chicken strips and the fries are gluten-free.
- Chipotle – Everything on their menu is gluten-free except the flour tortillas. I like the burrito bowls.
- In-N-Out Burger – You can order burgers protein-style and tell them you have an allergy. The fries and shakes are also gluten-free.
- Pei Wei Asian Diner- They only have 2 gluten-free choices (the Honey Chicken and Spicy Chicken) but they are both are good.
- PF Changs – They have a great and delicious gluten-free menu. They are very careful about cross-contamination.