These cookies are just about as easy as cookies get! They only take a few minutes to throw together and I always have the ingredients for them on hand. They are crispy on the outside and chewy in the center. The oats give them a yummy texture and flavor. You can also make these with peanut butter!
These cookies are great for those nights when you want an easy treat. Eating gluten and dairy-free means that I naturally don’t eat very much processed food. Most processed food is really not worth eating, anyway! If I want something sweet I usually have to make it myself. And recipes like this make that nothing to complain about!
- 2/3 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt (reduce to 1/2 teaspoon if you almond butter contains any added salt)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup almond butter
- 2/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the oats, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Stir to combine.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the almond butter, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- With the mixer on low, slowly add the oat mixture. Mix until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips. The dough will be very sticky!
- Scoop 2 tablespoon rounds of dough onto the prepared cookie sheets. Bake each batch for 9-11 minutes. Cool 2 minutes before removing from the cookie sheet. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
I use dairy-free chocolate chips from the brand Enjoy Life. Costco also sells a big bag of dairy-free chocolate chips.
Recipe Source: Adapted from Tasty Kitchen